Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My girl is amazing

The snow day hasn't been so bad.  Made a giant pot of sauce for a baked pasta that we're eating for dinner; baked sugar cookies with the oldest and middle girls.  And then friends came over to play and saved me from having to make icing and get out the sprinkles for decorations - so no giant mess to clean up and no sprinkles from here to there for weeks on end. 

The oldest even went home with the friends since we're assuming there will be no school tomorrow.  They were supposed to stay for dinner, but decided it would be prudent to leave early.  Poor Violet cried and cried, so to console her I pulled out a little Glee.

Let me back up for a minute.  I've become a big fan of Glee - even have two of the soundtrack albums.  One of them lives in our car and thanks to Violet's new found love of Glee music we really only listen to one song - "the Amazing song again, Mommy!" 

When she was crying and crying I remembered that the Glee repeat on our DVR from Tuesday was the one with this song, so I cued it up.  She was totally delighted and made me dance with her.  We had to watch it a few times before we could move on to something else.  So, I guess that's going to be a permanent fixture on the DVR, along with "Monsters vs. Pumpkins" (Monsters vs. Aliens Halloween special), the Elves Show (Disney's Prep & Landing) and Alvin & the Chipmunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment