Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hormones run amok?

Can somebody please tell me what is wrong with middle school aged boys?  Some of them must be okay because I have friends with middle school aged boys and they seem normal. 

Yesterday I was out on my deck when I observed 4 or 5 middle school boys hassling a middle school girl out in her back yard.  It was nothing serious - they were basically just trying to hang out with her because she's cute and she was trying to get rid of them because, you know, they're dorky middle school boys. 

As they were shuffling out of her yard one of them noticed me.  He gave a goofy wave and yelled "Hi!"  I waved back and went about my business, but he waved and yelled "hi" again.  Then called out, "Hey do you have any kids?"  Yes.  "What school does he or she go to?"  One of the boys knew me and told his buddies that I am Lorelei's mom.  Lorelei who is in elementary school.  Not interesting, so they walked away. 

When I was in middle school I remember the boys being goofy and awkward, but I also remember them being at least semi-polite to adults.  I don't know all of these boys names, but I recognize them from our neighborhood playground - where I've also had to repeatedly ask them not to say f@#k in front of my 1 and 3 year old girls.  The last thing I need is to have that flying out of their mouths when we visit the ladies at the retirement home.  I don't really care that the boys curse, I don't really care if my own kids curse when they're that age - I just hope they have the sense to do it out of the earshot of a parent. 

So again, what is wrong with these boys?

No comments:

Post a Comment