Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a chicken sandwich today.

I am not really a lover of fast food, except Chick-fil-a.  When we lived in Florida and San Diego there was no Chick-fil-a any where near us so every time I visited my family in North Carolina I would gorge on it.  The first month or so after we moved to Maryland I probably ate it twice a week until it made me sick.  Even now I'm kind of a junkie - it's only Wednesday and I've already been twice this week (it was the premier of the spicy chicken biscuit).  Sad sad sad, I know. 

Plus, they have a great indoor play structure for bad weather days and my kids love it.  

Now they go and do something like support an antigay group in Pennsylvania.  I didn't eat at Cracker Barrel for years because of their poor hiring practices (and I still don't - although I'll admit to going once about 2 years ago).  There are other places that I've boycotted for similar reasons - and for the most part my friends and family think I'm a crackpot about it. 

So now what do I do - boycott Chick-fil-a completely?  I might have to join a 12-step program.  Argh.

2 comments:

  1. What??? I was just going to commiserate on CF 2x in one week. And I pretty much lived on it when I was pregnant. I joke that Cora is made from 1 mommy cell, one daddy cell, and lots of chick fil a and mint chocolate chip ice cream :) Off to read that article. I'm disappointed but I gotta be honest, I don't know if I can live without CFA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tough one! I completely understand your quandary. One one had, it's tasty food. On the other, their morals are questionable. I haven't stepped inside a Wallmart in probably a decade and I have no regrets. But if they had Chick-fil-a, not sure if it would be the same story.

    ReplyDelete