Friday, March 11, 2011

March Madness is Awesome!

Tyler Zeller with the winning shot!  UNC 61 Miami 59
I seriously love basketball.  I seriously love UNC basketball.  Today's game was a heart attack kind of game, but I LOVED it. Too bad I was home with just the little girls who could care less and one was napping so I even had to be quiet.

I'm sure anybody from North Carolina can attest to the fact that as a kid they watched the ACC tournament at school.  In high school I remember rushing from one class to the next so I wouldn't miss something great happening in the game.  Basketball is serious business in NC. 

For the next few weeks I'll be buried in basketball.  Greg and I usually do a little home pool - sometimes we have a prize for the winner or something the loser is forced to do (unsavory chores or something like that) but more often it's just bragging rights. 

As a former SDSU employee, I'd love to see the Aztecs do well.  Greg is a Boilermaker, so we'll be cheering for Purdue, too.  But in the end, I don't want any of them to win more than UNC.  I try to be practical with my brackets, but emotion creeps in.  It's hard to choose against the Tarheels and it's even harder to choose Dook to win anything.  


Go Heels!

1 comment:

  1. I was never into basketball until now with the Aztecs kicking butt. Not it's all about March Madness. Exciting times at SDSU!

    ReplyDelete