Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

I had a small cardiac incident yesterday.  I was just getting out of the shower when Violet came upstairs crying and said, "Mommy, I'm sorry I poked Zoey in the eye."  I asked her if Zoey was crying (because I didn't hear anything); now sobbing, she said, "No.  Ahhhhhhh!  I'm sorry I poked her eye out."  FREAK OUT!

I pushed past her and ran down the stairs with visions of Zoey laid out on the floor in shock because her eyeball was dangling from the socket.  But no, she was sitting on the floor with both eyes still in her head watching Sbob Pants, as she calls him.  Greg was at the top of the stairs comforting Violet as I started back up.  I told her Zoey was fine, she wasn't hurt, everything's okay.  But she was still teary for a long time afterward.

What the hell?  I don't know what happened, but I definitely had that lift-a-car-off-my-baby adrenaline rush.  It sort of made me feel like throwing up.  God knows what I would've done if there really was a dangling eyeball - probably grab her and run all the way to the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. So you were getting out of the shower, ran downstairs, and potentially would've run to the hospital...my guess is that the police would've picked you up. Dangling eyeball, bath towel, running down 29...

    ReplyDelete