Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Husband v. Boyfriend

The other day my husband told me he'd had an interesting conversation with Violet (age 4).  She was asking him about husbands/wives versus boyfriends/girlfriends and wanted to verify that a boyfriend is a different person than a husband.  He was confused so she explained that Mommy had a boyfriend that wasn't Daddy.  At this point he came looking for me.

After some laughing, we worked out that she was talking about the flower delivery guy.  For our anniversary (back in May) Greg had flowers delivered to the house.  It was a Saturday, so we were all at home.  I jokingly said, "Oh - they must be from my boyfriend!"  Poor Violet must have been trying to work this out for a while now.

Clearly, if I ever do get a boyfriend I'm going to have to be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment