Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No more chillin' in the crib

We've had this crib for more than 9 years!
It's the end of an era.  No more babies in cribs at our house.  Oddly, I don't feel sad.  When Violet was an infant I felt sad and nostalgic about every passing milestone because I thought she was going to be my last baby.  The universe had another plan in store for me and I've been very happy about it - but I definitely don't have those same feelings of sadness or nostalgia.

Greg put together the big girl bed while we were in North Carolina for the long weekend.  Zoey (and Violet) were super-excited to see it and she slept in it our first night home.  Even though she doesn't really look happy about it in the photo.   


She was just mad because she wanted me to take a picture of her in her chair.  Yes, my children are little divas - but check out that cute little smile and those toes outstretched in pleasure as she sits on her little blue chair.
That first night she slept all the way through the night for the first time in two months.  Last night wasn't quite as good - she came to our bed about 3:45am.  But it's progress and I guess that's all I can ask.  

If anybody needs a really old crib, it's free to a good home.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, cute footie-pajamas. Some days, I wish I still had those. ;)

    Hooray progress!

    ReplyDelete