Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm cool, right?

Last night my husband asked me how I thought he could be more cool.  First of all, what?  I told him he should find something he's passionate about, pursue that, and as his own self-serenity and happiness grow that will show the world how cool he is; then he'll meet someone who shares that passion, fall in love and make a life together.  Oh wait, that's already happened.  Who do you need to be more cool for?!  He never did answer.  I followed up with asking if he thought I was "cool".  His answer - no more cool than he is.  (By the way, that's the wrong answer.)

Is this what a mid-life crisis looks like?  Oh, here we go - I googled it and got this from iVillage:  8 Warning Signs That Your Man is Having a Midlife Crisis.  Here's the list:

  1. He says life is a bore
  2. He is thinking about (or already) having an affair
  3. He is suddenly making impetuous decisions about money and/or his career
  4. He makes a dramatic change in his personal style or appearance and is suddenly spending lots of time in front of a mirror
  5. He has little interest in spending time (or having sex) with you
  6. He is drinking too much or abusing other substances
  7. He is displaying the classic signs of depression -- sleeping more, loss of appetite, malaise
  8. He is overly nostalgic and constantly reminiscing about his youth or his first love
Hmmm.  This is troubling.  A few of these things might apply to me, too.  I guess it's time to start looking into two-door sports cars.  Or, it just could be that we have three kids.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment